Saturday, February 28, 2015

Perfect Is As Perfect Does!

Life is not perfect! I think I tried hard to be the perfect child, nurse, wife, mother, to no avail! I seem to have a knack for accidents, making mistakes, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, being human! I remember how the movies and television were and are, the epitome of an unrealistic world. I was reminded of a book I read as a child called "Sweet William", the cover picture showing him with his socks hanging down, looking so rumpled, always in some scrape or another, and the PBS show where Elizabeth  would get so nervous around Hyacinthe, she was always spilling her tea or dropping the teacup.

  I realized as life continued, that I was on a fruitless errand,  especially when I read in the scriptures. "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect". The translation plays a role as the footnote is the key that tells us the Greek meaning is, "complete, finished, fully developed".  That it is not just "doing" or the "outer appearance" of our actions, but how we feel in our hearts. As we progress line upon line, applying the Savior's grace, we can  become perfect in Him.  " Yea come unto Christ and be perfected in Him...that by His grace ye may be perfect Christ".( Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:32). So when I fall I pick myself up, repent if I need to, forgive if I need to, especially myself for not being perfect, and continue on. The Savior takes not only our sins, but our mistakes, anger, fear, loneliness, pride, sadness, sorrow and our hearts that  become "softer" as we walk the Gospel path in doing the best we can.


,




No comments:

Post a Comment