Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Ere You Left Your Room This Morning

The hymn "Ere You Left Your Room This Morning", was one with which I was familiar,  but somehow in the midst of busily helping my husband, raising seven children and experiencing health challenges, prayer seemed to be devoid in my life. At least in the mornings. One day after a frazzled day with the children, these very words came to my mind. No I hadn't! So I made a commitment to remember to pray the next morning, which I did. The results were amazing! Did I solve all my problems? Were the children turned overnight to angels?  No, but somehow the day went more smoothly so I was converted. Then the thought came, "you wouldn't send your children out the door without their winter coat, so why not help them put on the 'Armor of God' by having prayer with them?"  Another bit of inspiration to help me to find peace amidst the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment